We would love everyone to come to Uganda with us ....... since that can't happen we are hoping you can virtually come with us through our blog. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

In the air at last

(Written on Sunday, July 4)

Well we’re off! Dave’s done an amazing job of packing and very carefully weighing the thirteen 50-pound bags (thanks for the scale Dan & Sher). We managed to have 1 bag at the exact weight and the rest were just barely under. Here’s a pic of all of our bags!



The kids got their iPod Touches today and were very excited. They’ve been playing with them non-stop since. We’re now sitting in the airport in London waiting for our flight to Entebbe. Dave asked if it seemed real that we were going to Africa now and Josh and I both said no that it doesn’t seem real yet. I’m sure it will when we land in Entebbe. Thanks for the wonderful letter Sher. The stewardesses were wondering what was up with me crying on the plane. So blessed to have such a wonderful friend. As we were getting off the plane the kids asked to go upstairs on the 747 and were allowed. They even got to go into the cockpit and sit in the captain/co-captains chairs. How cool is that!




Oh yeah, the only pair of shoes I have with me now broke! I thought we would be going into London and was excited about the prospect of getting a new pair but we didn’t end up going because Dave was worried about time, so now I am wandering around the airport in my flip flops that mainly go flop, flop, flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment